Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesday Late Night Thoughts

Again, busy with all things but the market.  But with these conditions, it's not the worst thing in the world.  It seems like I've been putting more time into selling crap on Ebay than dealing with the market.  A few thoughts:

Looking at Gold and the GLD....I think it's in no mans land right now and could shoot up or down really quick from these levels.  So it's more of a daytrade or couple day trade at the most (but most things are these days!)

CROX reported earnings and forecasted below analyst expectations.  This stock has been on a tear since it's peak in '07.  The gap down today was a tempting entry to take a short, but since I've been out of the swing of things lately, I decided to wait and see what tomorrow brings.  It could be a 5% recovery up, or another swing lower.  I'm not ready to gamble yet, but I think in the near term, this thing will push towards $12.

Apple reported after the close today and missed estimates...which hasn't happened 3 years now.  Traded down 6% after hours.  With the step down and death of Steve Jobs, this is the last thing this company wanted to show it would go on fine without him.  Also, for the broader market, it's not good when a leader trips up.

Technical are looking stronger for a new move out of this trading range to the upside, but I'll wait and see.  The 14% move over the past 2 weeks before yesterday was too quick for me...especially for individual sectors like energy that rallied even harder.  Wait and see.....

It's a daytraders market and I don't have the time for that right now, so i'm alright just sitting on my positions.  I'll bring more interesting stuff later, but for now, it's time to get ready for an early morning practice tomorrow...with rain expected and temps around 40 degrees at practice time.  Ugh.  

No comments:

Post a Comment